Website Terms of Sale
Machtig LED Illumination
1. Returns and Refunds
Customers to return product at their costs within 7 working days of receipt. Goods must be in original packaging and condition. Items must be shipped to Factory 3 13-15Kevlar close Braeside; Victoria 3195 and return slip must be completed. We recommend using registered postage for tracking.
Our 30 day satisfaction guarantee offers a refund for products which are returned in unmarked condition in its original packaging. The buyer is responsible for the cost of return freight. The product must be returned within a 30 day period from the original invoice date and it is at the discretion of Machtig LED to deem the returned condition of the product. If the product has been damaged or mis-used in any way the satisfaction guarantee will be void.
2. Safe and Secure Online Shopping
When you purchase any product through the Machtig LED online store, a secure server is used. Secure Server Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this web site. Machtig LED does not handle any credit or debit card information directly. This is captured and managed through third parties, ANZ Bank, and PayPal. Machtig LED takes its responsibilities and obligations to protect the personal information of its customers very seriously. Comprehensive security measures have been carefully implemented and subjected to rigorous independent testing in order to provide a safe and secure shopping environment for our Machtig LED customers.
Secure Online Shopping
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using SSL software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing via the ANZ eGate payment gateway. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer
Machtig LED also offers an alternative secure payment service via PayPal at no cost to the customer. PayPal is a popular secure payment service that maintains high standards of security and assurance levels to protect both the customer and the merchant from security threats to payment accounts and credit card details. For more information on PayPal, please visit the PayPal website.
3. Delivery Policy
Free delivery to all Melbourne metro customers, a flat rate of $20 (incl GST) for all other regions/states of Australia. International customers please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rates.
4. Pricing and Taxes
Prices for Goods are as shown on the Website. Machtig LED reserve the right to change the prices of goods at any time without notice to you. The price displayed at the time that you place your order will continue to apply to you even if the price changes before your order is accepted by Machtig LED.
In addition to the price for the goods, you will also need to pay the advertised delivery charge (if any). Any delivery charge will appear in your shopping cart. In addition to the price for the goods and the delivery charge (if any) you may also need to pay any additional delivery charges which are not shown in your shopping cart but which we incur because you live in an area where light aircraft or barge transport is required, or to which our national courier company does not provide a door-to-door service. These include, without limitation, Christmas Island, Norfolk Island, Roma and Nhulunbuy. Such charges may apply even where the item is shown on the Website as having “free delivery”, “free freight” or something similar.
If you live in an area to which an additional delivery charge will apply Machtig LED will contact you before accepting your order and provide you with a quote for the additional delivery charge. If, within the timescale specified, you do not agree to accept the additional delivery charge, Machtig LED will cancel your order. Machtig LED will not take payment for your order until you have confirmed your acceptance of the additional delivery charge.
If Machtig LED agrees to deliver goods outside of Australia, international delivery charges will apply. International delivery charges, applicable to your relevant country, will appear in your shopping cart. By placing an order you agree to pay the price for the goods, any delivery charge, any additional delivery charge and any international delivery charge. All prices and delivery charges, additional delivery charges and international delivery charges quoted are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST.
5. Gathering of Personally Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Machtig LED’s websites choose to interact with Machtig LED in ways that require Machtig LED to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Machtig LED gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at WordPress.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Machtig LED are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Machtig LED collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Machtig LED. Machtig LED does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent from engaging in certain website related activities.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Machtig LED discloses potentially personally-identifying information and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Machtig LED ‘s behalf or to provide services available at Machtig LED ‘s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country, by using Machtig LED’s websites you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Machtig LED will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations, as described above. Machtig LED discloses potentially personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Machtig LED believes in good faith that discloser is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Machtig LED, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Machtig LED website and have supplier your email address, Machtig LED may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Machtig LED and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Machtig LED takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Like most website operators, Machtig LED collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Machtig LED’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Machtig LED’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Machtig LED may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g. by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. Machtig LED also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on WordPress.com blogs. Machtig LED only disclose logged in user and commenter addresses under the same circumstances that it users and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Comments and other content submitted to our anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
These on-line shopping and warranty terms only apply to products that have been sold in an on-line transaction through the www.machtig.com.au website, between General Innovation Australia Pty Ltd (Machtig LED) and the Purchaser.
GENERAL TERMS OF SITE USE
- Ensure that all information provided by you in relation to your order is accurate, complete and up to date.
- If we cannot accept payment from your credit card your order will not be processed and you will not be contacted.
- We are unable to accept liability if the delivery of the goods is late or if stock is not available in time for scheduled delivery.
- Risk in the goods passes to you on delivery. We do not accept liability for any loss, theft or damage to the goods after delivery.
- Warranty Period
- All products branded SENGLED or MACHTIG are subject to a two (2) year warranty period from the date of receipt of purchase.
- Special Conditions:
- The warranty period commences from the date of purchase of the product.
- The GIA warranty only covers products purchased from the machtig.com.au website directly.
- The warranty is only valid when the products are installed and operated in intended and applicable conditions as specified in the product datasheet, and in accordance with the product installation instructions and rating labels. GIA will not be liable if you have failed to follow instructions, have modified the product, or used it for an unintended purpose.
- The purchaser shall not rely on any other information or documentation.
- Additional Conditions
- This warranty is only valid for products sold in Australia. In other countries and regions other conditions may apply.
- The products must have been directly purchased from General Innovation Australia Pty Ltd.
- Proof of purchase must be available for all products.
- Adequate records of operating history are kept and available for inspection by General Innovation Australia Pty Ltd.
- General Innovation Australia Pty Ltd will have access to the defective products if required by GIA.
- Labour and any other costs for de-installation of products or installation of replacement products are not covered under this warranty.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Limited Warranty
- This warranty shall only apply to SENGLED or MACHTIG branded lighting products sold by General Innovation Australia Pty Ltd in the territory of Australia. This warranty is only valid for a party purchasing the products directly from General Innovation Australia Pty Ltd.
- General Innovation Australia Pty Ltd warrants that each product shall be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. All other warranties and representations, except those that are non-excludable in law, are excluded. The foregoing warranty shall be valid for the period mentioned. If a product fails to operate in accordance with the product outlines, GIA will provide a free replacement of the faulty product subject to the applicable warranty policy and the limited warranty terns set out below.
ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR PART OF ABOVE PARA – TO CONSIDER
- GIA Warrants that the goods are fit for their usual purpose, and meet any description we have provided. If the goods are defective or do not meet these warranties, we will refund the price or repair or replace the goods. GIA excludes liability for indirect or consequential loss.
- Terms and Conditions
- GIA warranty flows only to the purchaser. In the event of any product that is covered by this warranty is returned by the purchaser in accordance with section 3 and within the applicable warranty period, GIA then reserves the right to examine the product to deem if the product has failed to satisfy a warranty claim. GIA will, at its option, repair or replace the faulty product. For purposes of clarity, “repair or replace the defective part thereof’ does not include any removal or installation activities, costs or expenses, including without limitation, labour costs or expenses.
- No agent, distributor or dealer is authorised to change, modify or extend the terms of the warranty on behalf of GIA.
- This warranty only applies when the product has been correctly installed and operated in accordance with the operating instructions.
- This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Acts of God or from any abuse, misuse, abnormal use, insufficient natural ventilationor use in violation of any applicable standard , code or instructions for use, including without limitation, those contained in the latest safety, industry and / or electrical standards for the relevant region.
- The warranty shall be void in the event that any repairs or alterations , not duly authorised by GIA, are made to the product by any person. The manufacturing date and QR code must be clearly visible on the products. GIA reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
- Warranty Claims
All warranty periods mentioned are subject to a GIA representative having access to the product for verification of failure. All warranty claims have to be reported and returned to the GIA office within 30 days of the discovery of any fault, specifying at least the following information:
- Details of the failed product
- Installation date and invoice date
- Detailed problem description, number of failures
- Application details, hours used and number of switching cycles
- Where a warranty claim is justified, GIA will pay reasonable freight expenses. GIA reserves the right to charge the customer for products that are returned and subsequently not found to be defective.
- Limitations and Conditions
- This is a limited warranty and excludes, among other items, installation, removal, providing access to products (scaffolding, lifts etc. and special, incidental and consequential damages (such as loss of revenue / profits, damage to property or other miscellaneous costs not previously mentioned), and its further defined by the limitations and conditions set forth in the respective warranty policy and these terms and conditions.
- Upon request GIA representatives shall be allowed access to the defective product in its application for verification of non-compliance.
- GIA cannot be held liable for electrical supply conditions, including spikes, over voltage, under voltage and ripple current beyond the specifications of the product.